Before you begin to use EMIS Access we would appreciate it if you could read the following guidance regarding the booking of appointments and ordering prescriptions online.
EMIS Access is for routine appointment booking only. If you require an emergency appointment please contact the surgery by telephone, the on call duty doctor will call you back to triage the emergency and allocate a suitable appointment if necessary.
Reasons for Appointment
We would ask that you enter a reason for your appointment in the box provided when booking an appointment. This gives us the opportunity to ensure that it is appropriate for you to see the doctor rather than a nurse. Please be assured that all details entered are secure and cannot be intercepted. Our practice has a strict confidentiality policy.
Please let us know if you will be unable to attend an appointment that you have booked online. Either contact us by telephone to cancel it or cancel it online. This will allow us to offer the appointment to another patient.
We realise that there are valid reasons for not attending, however we will be monitoring such occurrences on a regular basis.
If you miss an appointment we will remove your facility to use EMIS Access, however you will still be able to book appointments with our receptionists.
Due to the nature of nurse’s appointments we are unable to offer them online at the moment.
Please ensure that you book the appointments appropriately. If you are unsure as to whether it is appropriate for you to see a nurse or a doctor please contact us by telephone. If you feel that you do not need to see the GP but would benefit from a 5 minute telephone consultation this is also available on request by telephone to the surgery.
This application allows you to order repeat medication only, any other medication should be ordered through the reception team as normal (please bear in mind not all types of medication are available on repeat).
· Log into your Access account and scroll down to the Repeat Prescriptions.
· Select ‘Make a request’ and you will see a list of your current repeat medications which you can select from. There is also a comment box underneath where you can type any messages you have relating to the medication. You can also use this to enter the chemist name that collects on your behalf.
· Click ‘Submit request’, check the details are correct and then select ‘Confirm’. Please allow 24 hours for staff to process your request.
· Log into your account and scroll down to Repeat Prescriptions again where you can check the progress of your request.
· If the request has been accepted your prescription will be available for collection at the surgery around 3pm the following working day from date of order or at your regular chemist.
· If the request has been declined by the GP there will be a comment as to the reason why. This could by because the medication is not due for renewal or the GP may wish to see you for review before the medication will be issued. If this is the case please book an appointment online or call the surgery.
We will be monitoring the use of this service and we are sure that you will find it most useful. If however, we find that any users are abusing the service, we will revoke your access to the service and you will have to liaise with our reception team for services.
Please note access to this service can be withdrawn at any point without notice.